First-time Thistle owner? Get your first year of TCA membership free.
Get your first year of Thistle Class membership for free! If you acquire your first Thistle and aren’t currently a member, we’d like to pay for this year’s Thistle Class Association membership for you.
If you aren’t currently a member of Thistle Class and you buy or are gifted a new or used Thistle, the TCA will pay for your active membership for the remainder of the current calendar year. Active-level members may skipper in all TCA events (club/fleet races, regattas, any race where Thistles are being sailed as a one-design boat).
You’ll need to measure and register your boat – including paying the $10 registration fee – within 30 days of acquiring it (see full instructions on how to do that here). After that, you can submit your membership application.
- You must not be a current member of the Thistle Class Association.
- You must purchase or be given a new or used Thistle.
- You must measure and register your boat with the TCA secretary within 30 days of purchase.
- You must pay the $10 measurement fee.
- You must submit the membership application form.
Send an email to email@example.com, and our TCA Secretary will get right back to you.