-Beautiful sailing venue!
-Experienced RC team and judges/chevron event!
-Outstanding facilities and meals!
-Afternoon sea breeze!
Registration is open on the Regatta Network: http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/14394
Please email if you have any questions or looking for crew: email@example.com
Jim Roberts, 3998
The Savannah Yacht club, sailing home to the 1996 Olympics extends a warm welcome to the Thistle community.
1. Rules: The regatta will be governed by the 2017-2020 Racing Rules of Sailing, the current rules of the Thistle Class Association, the Notice of Race (except as any of these are altered by the sailing instructions) and by the sailing instructions.
2.2 Registration in advance can be completed on the website: www.regattanetwork.com. Entry must be completed no later than May 12th, 2017. Entry forms received after this date will incur a late entry fee.
Regatta Entry (Before May 12) $45.00 (US Sailing Members) $50.00 (Non US Sailing Members) Late Entry (May 12 and after) add $15.00
5. Sailing Instructions and Courses: The sailing Instructions will be available at Late Registration/Check In. The courses will be described in the Sailing Instructions.
6.1 The Sailing Instructions will change RRS 41 to permit the use of hand-held VHF radios, but only for receiving communications from the race committee, and in emergencies. Use of any other electronic communication devices, including cellular phones, is prohibited.
6.2 The following additional stipulations apply to the Thistle Class Association’s Chief Measurer’s Rulings 65 and 74: VHF radios may be utilized to monitor the weather channels at any time. The Race Committee may communicate safety or race related information on a designated channel. Competitors are encouraged to monitor the safety channel throughout the race when conditions warrant. Communication between competitors regarding any race information not related to safety is expressly prohibited.
7. Scoring: The Low Point Scoring System, Appendix A2, will be used except that each yacht's series score will be the total of all her scores. A minimum of one race will constitute a regatta.
9. Lodging/Housing: Camping is allowed at the club in the designated camping area. RVs are not allowed overnight at the club, however there is a Wal-Mart at 4725 US Highway 80 E, Savannah, GA 31410 less than a mile from the club that allows RVs. There are several hotels within 15 minutes of the club including:
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Savannah Midtown, 5801 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31405 Phone: (912) 298-0800,
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown Address: 20 Johnston St, Savannah, GA 31405 Phone: (912) 721-3700
Extended Stay America Savannah – Midtown Address: 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31405 Phone: (912) 692-0076.
11. Social/Meals: Friday evening there will be a sunset cruise for early arrivals. Saturday box lunches will be available. Saturday night there will be cocktails and dinner at the club. There will be lunch served at the Sail Loft after the races Sunday.
12. Guest Cards: Competitors can obtain guest cards in order to utilize the dining facilities and bar during your stay.
These should be obtained during the Late Registration/Check-In periods if possible. Guests are also encouraged to pre-arrange guest cards by calling the club offices at 912 644-4100.