Events & Regattas
The NOR and details are on Regatta network. The EYC page is here: https://www.eugeneyachtclub.org/2017-memorial-day-regatta/
Thistles will be first start, and no throw-outs as usual. Trophies 4 deep for skipper and crew, and the big PCC Perpetual, currently held by Team Mike Gillum.
This regatta is also second to last for the PNW Traveling Trophy for 2016-2017.
Two dates to keep in mind: May 12 is the last day to order long-sleeve and women's t-shirts and sweatshirts. May 20 is the deadline for receiving a $30 early registration discount.
Reminder: No dogs allowed at EYC.
PNW District Governor and Thistle Vice Commodore
If you are planning on doing any regatta before Nationals make sure it's Great Lakes. We have an amazing event planned with Mike Vining who ran the Champion of Champions in Thistles at Edgewater a few years ago as our PRO.
Why you can't miss this event:
1. Mike Vining POR from CofCs and we will have our own race course!
2. Event will be held on the 2nd weekend of Cleveland Race Week, the big boat weekend. Which means a great party!
3. Thistles will have the parking lot to themselves and a separate course/POR
4. Friday night welcome party with local band and multiple events planned throughout the weekend
5. Great tune up for Nationals
FRIDAY, JUNE 23RD
• Ragin’ Cajun Party! Tom’s Quick’s famous Gumbo & Entertainment by DJ Scott Hanna 8:30-11:30 pm
• Tito’s “American Mules” *Free Beer, Tito’s Tasting 9-11 pm
Saturday, June 24TH (3-5 Races Planned)
• Hot Breakfast to-go & *Free Donuts, Coffee, Juice & Bottled Water before races 8-9 am
• Les’ Famous Blender Party! Sponsored by The Yanda Family after races Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cathy’s Creamery 3-5 pm
• Live Entertainment by Abby Normal 4:30-8:30 pm
• Mount Gay Rum Lounge serving ”OneTwo Punch” *Free Beer, Mount Gay Blender drinks 5:30-7:30 pm
Sunday, June 25TH
• 2-3 Races planned
More details to come soon!
Ben France <email@example.com>
NOTICE OF RACE
1.1 The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
1.2 RRS 61 is changed to include: “A boat intending to protest shall notify the RC Signal boat of her
intention to protest and the class and sail number of the boat she is protesting, after clearing the finish
line. She may do this via direct hail to the Signal Boat or by using the VHF radio channel assigned to her
1.3 RRS 60.1(a) is changed to read Boats failing to display required advertising or bow numbers may
not be protested by another boat.”
Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority.
3 ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
3.1 The regatta is open to all members of the Thistle Class Association.
3.2 Registration will be available online at: www.YachtScoring.com, www.eycweb.com/clevelandraceweek
or www.clevelandraceweek.com or in person at Edgewater Yacht Club.
3.3 Registration deadline for the Regatta is June 23, 2017.
3.4 A boat is considered registered when the Organizing Authority has received her completed
entry form, entry fee, forms required by their Class Rules and Proof of Insurance.
4 ENTRY FEES
4.1 Entry fees with early registration discount, if received & completed on or by May 23, 2017:
$95.00 including one wristband.
Non US Sailing Members Add $ 10.00
4.2 Entry fees, under 25 years old June 23, 2017 and member of US Sailing , if received & completed on or by
May 23, 2017: $45.00
4.3 Entry fees, if received & completed after May 23 to June 23, 2017:
$125.00 including one wristband
Non US Sailing Members Add $ 10.00
4.3 Entry Fee includes one wristband, launching, trailer storage, racing and dockage
Additional wristbands $35/person for entire event in advance, On site $20/day/person.
4.4 All regatta parties require a wrist band.
5 TENTITIVE SCHEDULE
Friday, June 23 1700 - 2000 Skippers' packets available
1800 - 2100 Regatta Party
Saturday, June 24 0955 First Warning Signal. Additional races may follow
After racing Entertainment, Regatta Party and Daily Awards
Sunday, June 25 0955 First Warning Signal. Additional races may follow
1400 Deadline for initial warning signals
After racing Awards and Regatta Party
6.1 All competitors shall have a valid Thistle Class Measurement Certificate and shall
produce it upon request.
6.2 A boat or its equipment may be inspected at any time for compliance with Class
Rules, RRS, or the Sailing Instructions.
7 SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
7.1 The Sailing Instructions will be available after June 22, 2017.
8.1 Racing will take place on multiple courses in the open waters of Lake Erie, North of Edgewater
9.1 Back-to-Back races are scheduled for each day, up to Seven.
9.2 Scoring shall be according to appendix A except there will be no throw outs. This changes RRS
Appendix A. The Sailing Instructions, Class Rules or Class Regatta Regulations may change this
9.3 One race is required to be completed to constitute a series.
11 GUEST DOCKAGE AND LAUNCHING
11.1 Three (3) two (2) ton hoists and a fixed mast gin pole are available for self-launching.
13 RADIO COMMUNICATION
Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio
communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones.
Competitors are encouraged to have a VHF aboard to hear instructions broadcast to all competitors
during the racing and for safety reasons.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th awards. Class provided perpetual trophies may also be presented.
15 DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to race. The
Organizing Authority, Race and Protest Committees and Edgewater Yacht Club will not accept any
liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during,
or after the regatta.
Each participating boat shall show proof at or prior to registration that it is insured with valid third-party
liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $300,000.00 per incident.
17 PARKING & CAMPING
17.1 Edgewater Yacht Club is a small footprint urban yacht club. Parking space is at premium. Nonmembers’
cars are not allowed to park in the club lot. Competitors may park in designated areas
less than 100 yards away in the adjacent Metropolitan Park. Camping is not allowed in the
Metropolitan Park, or on yacht club property. To accommodate competitors who wish to stay
on site, vehicles will be allowed inside the Edgewater Yacht Club gate after 8:00 pm each night.
Vehicles must be moved out of the EYC parking lot before 8:00 am each day. Competitors
violating 17.1 may not be protested by another boat.”
17.2 EYC bathrooms will be available 24 hours per day to non-members.
18 Responsive Contacts
Edgewater Yacht Club Office – firstname.lastname@example.org – 216-281-6470
Edgewater Yacht Club Bar –216-281-2441
Regatta Chair – Cathy Newpher email@example.com
Race Chair – Mike Vining firstname.lastname@example.org
-Beautiful sailing venue!
-Experienced RC team and judges/chevron event!
-Outstanding facilities and meals!
-Afternoon sea breeze!
Registration is open on the Regatta Network: http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/14394
Please email if you have any questions or looking for crew: email@example.com
Jim Roberts, 3998
The Savannah Yacht club, sailing home to the 1996 Olympics extends a warm welcome to the Thistle community.
1. Rules: The regatta will be governed by the 2017-2020 Racing Rules of Sailing, the current rules of the Thistle Class Association, the Notice of Race (except as any of these are altered by the sailing instructions) and by the sailing instructions.
2.2 Registration in advance can be completed on the website: www.regattanetwork.com. Entry must be completed no later than May 12th, 2017. Entry forms received after this date will incur a late entry fee.
Regatta Entry (Before May 12) $45.00 (US Sailing Members) $50.00 (Non US Sailing Members) Late Entry (May 12 and after) add $15.00
5. Sailing Instructions and Courses: The sailing Instructions will be available at Late Registration/Check In. The courses will be described in the Sailing Instructions.
6.1 The Sailing Instructions will change RRS 41 to permit the use of hand-held VHF radios, but only for receiving communications from the race committee, and in emergencies. Use of any other electronic communication devices, including cellular phones, is prohibited.
6.2 The following additional stipulations apply to the Thistle Class Association’s Chief Measurer’s Rulings 65 and 74: VHF radios may be utilized to monitor the weather channels at any time. The Race Committee may communicate safety or race related information on a designated channel. Competitors are encouraged to monitor the safety channel throughout the race when conditions warrant. Communication between competitors regarding any race information not related to safety is expressly prohibited.
7. Scoring: The Low Point Scoring System, Appendix A2, will be used except that each yacht's series score will be the total of all her scores. A minimum of one race will constitute a regatta.
9. Lodging/Housing: Camping is allowed at the club in the designated camping area. RVs are not allowed overnight at the club, however there is a Wal-Mart at 4725 US Highway 80 E, Savannah, GA 31410 less than a mile from the club that allows RVs. There are several hotels within 15 minutes of the club including:
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Savannah Midtown, 5801 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31405 Phone: (912) 298-0800,
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown Address: 20 Johnston St, Savannah, GA 31405 Phone: (912) 721-3700
Extended Stay America Savannah – Midtown Address: 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31405 Phone: (912) 692-0076.
11. Social/Meals: Friday evening there will be a sunset cruise for early arrivals. Saturday box lunches will be available. Saturday night there will be cocktails and dinner at the club. There will be lunch served at the Sail Loft after the races Sunday.
12. Guest Cards: Competitors can obtain guest cards in order to utilize the dining facilities and bar during your stay.
These should be obtained during the Late Registration/Check-In periods if possible. Guests are also encouraged to pre-arrange guest cards by calling the club offices at 912 644-4100.
Come join us the the Berlin Invitational Regatta, Father's Day weekend 2017.
Berlin Yacht Club, 10557 Northview Dr. North Benton, Ohio 44449
Map >> https://goo.gl/maps/qyJUj3F2efS2