- March 3, 2014
- Added by Patty Lawrence
The facilities at Sail Sheboygan and Sheboygan Yacht Club are first rate and they are ready to welcome Thistle sailors! This facility is world-renowned for matching racing and was one training facility for the Women’s Match Racing in the 2012 Olympics.
A few highlights:
- Large sailing area is near shore so making a short sail to the race area and viewing from shore.
- Top-notch facilities.
- Variety of housing, including camping, close by.
- Launching: six ramps and four hoists and volunteers on ATV’s to launch and retrieve boats with the goal to launch and retrieve the entire fleet in under an hour.
- Locally owned restaurants with fabulous food!
- Boardwalk though town makes for a delightful walk.
- The average temperature in late July early August day is 80 degrees with a sea breeze out of the south making for some of the most pleasant racing you can imagine. Minimal waves, steady breeze, warm air, champagne sailing and the normal water temp in August is near 70 degrees.
- Outstanding competition and fabulous friends.
You know have found a sailors’ town when their home page says:
We surf, kite surf, wind surf, sail, kayak, jet ski, boat, fish, bike, hike, climb, race, golf, eat, drink, dance, relax, spa, enjoy. And we fry brats!
And there are webcams of the marina, the water, and the beach!
For more on local attractions visit, http://www.visitsheboygan.com/.
For the NOR and the registration visit, http://www.sailsheboygan.org/n-eventsup.php